Search This Blog

Friday, June 27, 2014

The Amazing Spiderman 2 Review

Alright, after I saw Cap 2 I was pumped for the superhero movie year. All the trailers for Spiderman looked fantastic and from one source I heard this was the Dark Knight of Spiderman. So I was pumped! But then mediocre reviews were coming out. I was starting to get nervous. When I saw the movie I thought it was good. However I was disappointed.

Before I tell you what I thought of this one, I should probably tell you what I thought of the first of the Amazing Spiderman saga. I love the first movie. It was a breath of fresh air from the Raimi movies which I'm not overly fond of as a whole so I was immune to the powers of Spiderman 3. Right after I saw The Amazing Spiderman I looked up all I could about Spiderman and checked if a sequel was in development. When I saw it was I went bananas.

The good things in this movie are the performances are top notch. Especially Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Dane Dehaan. The visual effects were also really cool and the slow motion and directorial choices were used effectively. The relationship between Gwen and Peter was handled perfectly. I am really happy Mary Jane wasn't introduced in this one because it would have been a distraction oppose to helping the film. One of the other really good things was it got me excited for the sequel. Which at its core, is what a movie is supposed to do.

The problems I had with the film was just the character Rhino. He was too over the top and inconsistent with the tone  the first one had and this film was trying to establish. Jamie Foxx as Max was a little too over the top. But my two biggest problems with the film were: 1) Do you remember that story in the first one about him trying to find his parents that seemed like it was going to be an over arching story through out the franchise. Completely resolved. In two scenes. And the way it was resolved is a spoiler but I hated it so much! 2) The advertising it this movie just went on and on and on and on. It got me so excited for the movie and there were scenes in the trailer  that weren't even in the movie! I won't tell you the scene but it made me really angry.

Although I bash this movie a little, its still worth seeing in theaters. Its a fun time and I'd like to own it on DVD.  What did you think about it? Also what other movies should I review? Let me know in comments!
Thanks for reading and I'll be back soon with my next review!

No comments:

Post a Comment